There are currently no paid positions available.
BCBH regularly works with and places practicum students. Please contact our Program Manager, Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604-738-9950 you would like to place a student with us.
Bereavement Support is an Essential Service ™ and we are continually looking for dedicated volunteers to work with our team. Volunteers assist us with the following important tasks:
- Answering the Helpline and providing compassionate listening or referrals for bereaved callers
- Assistance with event coordination (attendance at conference booths, marketing and promotion, logistics and planning)
- Social media updates on Facebook and Twitter
- Assistance with support group and training program coordination (communications, marketing and promotion, logistics and planning)
- Administrative duties, and more!
Volunteers are trained on the history of BCBH, the key elements of grief and mourning, and varying theories regarding grief and loss, plus training on compassionate listening and referral making. Volunteer Trainings are free of cost and are scheduled regularly throughout the year and according to demand.
Volunteer shifts are four hours long from 9am – 1pm, or 1pm – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Shift schedules are coordinated based on available time slots and what works best with the volunteer’s schedule. Please note that a minimum of a 6-month commitment is requested.
If you are interested in volunteering for BCBH, please download the following application, save it to your computer, fill it out and email to email@example.com.
Help move BCBH into the next 30 years and apply to become a board member. We are seeking volunteers or professionals who have a link to those coping with grief and loss, event or fundraising experience. Board terms are 3 years. Please email the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.